2007年5月19日土曜日

"Dear Frankie"


I watched movie today.
The title is "Dear Frankie".
Do you know this movie??
Cast:
Emily Mortimer ... Lizzie
Jack McElhone ... Frankie
Gerard Butler ... The Stranger
etc...
Story:
In Scotland, Lizzie is constantly moving from town to town with her nine year old son Frankie and her mother Nell escaping from her husband. Frankie is a very intelligent deaf boy, and the protective Lizzie invented that his father is a sailor of the vessel "ACCRA", traveling though the most different countries and permanently writing to Frankie, telling his adventures. Frankie tracks the route of the vessel in a map, and when the vessel is scheduled to arrive in their coastal town, Lizzie decides to hire a stranger to act as if he were Frankie's father for one day.

I was moved to tears by this movie.
I can't explain this feeling.
But I recommend to watch this movie.
This movie will move your to teas!!

1 件のコメント:

marienancyblog さんのコメント...

I love that movie!!
I saw it a few months ago, and I agree, it is a "tearjerker!" (tearjerker=movie which makes you cry)

I felt so bad for the little boy, and for his mother too because she tries so hard to make him happy. The little boy is so smart that he guesses the scheme. What a lovely movie that was! Did you understand the Scottish English? I didn't! I had to read the Japanese subtitles under. ;)